Saturday, July 08, 2006



Independence Day 2006. In Atlanta it rained in the evening so most of the celebrations were cut short. Here are some locals gathered for the parade put on by one of our news television stations. It was terrible this year, they were honoring the military troops who just came back from Iraq. They paraded troops with weapons, tanks and hummers through the streets and I thought it was all very intimidating, not to mention boring. (Forgive my lack of sentimentality regarding the war, my politics showing through here.) My 5 year old daughter was terrified. Not my idea of a great parade so we left halfway through. Next entry I will post all the pictures I have of the Independence Day parade.



Since we couldn't endure the parade, we had lunch at Johnny Rockets.

8 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Brian Dubé said...

Very true...

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Kala said...

yeah I have to agree - not the kind of things I'd want to take a child to see ! I'm sure there a better things to parade than weapons.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger edwin s said...

those poeple by the sidewalk look like they're on a beach. and it's good to have a 'day-ly' photo.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Soldiers parading with guns and tanks is not my idea of a parade too! Hope your girl is ok now :)

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Oleanderman said...

Good post - I agree with your thoughts; there are better ways to celebrate independence.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Hummers make me shudder...

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Your daughter has good sense!

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

江詩丹頓
隔熱紙
樟芝
白蟻
跳蚤
香港平價住宿
民宿
裝潢
外籍新娘
男性結紮

 

Post a Comment

<< Home