Monday, July 31, 2006



So I have a new mode of transportation now. I was tired of the increased gas prices and dependency on oil, and for the sake of having more fun this summer, I bought a cheap scooter. This is THE WAY to get around Atlanta, avoid the traffic, and see all the beauty in the city for a change. This is a Honda Super Cub reproduction by Jialing. It has been getting me at least 100 mpg and it is so much fun! My daughter likes it too!



Another shot from the Cabbagetown neighborhood. For more information about this neighborhood, click here. In the background is 97 Estoria, a friendly neighborhood pub.



Also in Cabbagetown, this is the Krog Street Tunnel. People come from all over to tag this structure, the only place in Atlanta where graffiti is legal and considered public art.

4 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger Kala said...

wow -that was like three post in one with so much info - interesting - I wonder how fsat those moped scooter things can go - we have a lot of those here at the University - the tunnel looks like fun

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Annie said...

You be careful on that scooter. People in cars aren't as careful and considerate as they should be.

I enjoy reading about Atlanta through your eyes. Thanks

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger edwin s said...

I love the scooter shot...Toot Toot!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey, i was wondering where you got your Super Cub, i'm really interested, if you read this feel free to write me wcgable@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home